Many people visiting Ujjain wonder if it is compulsory to perform Kaal-Sarp dosh puja during Chaturmasya Virata. The answer depends on the situation. Four scenarios require Kaal-Sarp dosh puja Ujjain. All other situations don’t need it. We’ll go through them individually to learn more about the importance of this pooja and why some people don’t need it.
History of Kal Sarp Dosh, India
Kal Sarp Dosh’s history in India can be traced back to the Vedic period. Kal Sarpa Dosha is also mentioned in the Puranas. The Mahabharata explains how Kal Sarpa Dosha can affect a person’s life. The Puranas also tell many stories about Kal Sarpa Dosha.
Two friends were powerful and wealthy kings. This is one example of such a story. One king was so wealthy that he considered giving up his kingdom to travel the world in search of more wealth. His guru advised the other king that he should first perform Kaal-Sarp dosh puja at Ujjain to reduce his chance of being injured on his journey.
Before he left for this journey, the king asked his friend one last favor. He wanted to give money as an offering at the puja ceremony at their temple. He used the money to expand his kingdom after he got it.
The thieves assassinated the king while he was traveling abroad. The body of the king was brought back to his empire, where it was found that the money had been spent. A message from overseas stated that robbers were being held for stealing precious gemstones from a nearby house. They were unaware they were actually from another country as they didn’t know about Kal Sarpa Dosha.
This story demonstrates the significance of performing Kaal Sarp Dosh Puja Ujjain. This example shows that puja performed according to our wishes does not result in anything positive. Still, when we perform puja with pure intentions, we can receive blessings without knowledge.
About Kal Sarp Dosha
Kal Sarpa Dosha, a Hinduism dosha, is highly inauspicious. It occurs when all planets are located between Rahu (and Ketu). This is a sign that an individual will experience suffering, problems, or obstacles in their life. The Kal Sarpa Dosha Pooja is believed to be able to remove the doshas and allow individuals to live a happy prosperous life. Anyone suffering from Kal Sarpa Dosha must immediately see a pandit or astrologer for help. He/she will tell you about the date and time you will have to perform Kaal Sarp Dosh Puja in Ujjain.
You must start by placing coconuts on each side of your head and planting two kumkum cones over your eyes. Next, offer sacred food items like ghee (clarified butter), honey, sugarcane juice, curd, yogurt, etc., in front of Vishnu with chanting and ringing bells around it until they’re over full. After that, he offers lighted lamps with incense sticks while chanting mantras and recites them after offering them on their behalf- this is known as arghya, which cleanses your sins.
Steps To Observe Kal Shrap Dosha Punya Kaalam
It is not mandatory to perform Kaal Sarp Dosh Pooja in Ujjain. It is possible to observe the Kal Shrap Punya Kaalam and not perform the pooja. These steps will guide you if you wish to perform the pooja.
- Take a bath first of the day.
- Put on clean clothes and meditate.
- Chant the Kal Sarpa Dosha mantra at least 108 times.
- Imagine Lord Vishnu being freed from the Kal Sarpa Snake’s coils.
- Offering fruits, flowers, incense, and other offerings to Lord Vishnu. 6. For 11 consecutive days, close your eyes and continue this practice.
- Complete fasting on the 12th of each month
- You can break the fast by only eating simple food after sunset on the day.
- Before sunrise on the 13th of each month, you can urinate or pee while looking east.
- Perform abhishekam on the 14th day with water, ghee, and honey while you chant the mantras of goddess Saraswati.
- Donate as much charity as possible before sunrise on the 15th of each month. Spend what you would normally spend on breakfast.
- For 14 days before Mahashivratri, observe all other rules outlined in Vedic scriptures regarding fasting, such as avoiding salty food, sexual intercourse, and so on.
Kaal Sarp Dosh Pooja is mandatory, but you can choose to do it. Depending on how these planets influence your life, it may lead to positive changes. It is recommended to begin the pooja within 28 days of delivery. The pooja should be completed after all planets have completed their Dasha periods.